If you are a gamer, mouse is probably one of the most used tools in your daily life. If you are still using normal Mouse for gaming, it’s time to upgrade. Gaming mouse generally offer more buttons and more DPI settings compared to normal mice. For example DPI of normal Mouse range from 500 to 1000 in the budget segment (under 1000rs). Where are gaming mice offer up to 7000 Dpi within that thousand rupee bracket.
If you don’t know what DPI (Dot per Inch) is, Then In layman’s terms it’s the speed of your mouse. With higher DPI you can move a lot faster and with lower DPI you can make Slow and accurate movements. You need both while gaming so gaming mice offer options to switch between different DPI settings.
Additional Programmable buttons (macro keys) will help with your combination key strokes. Most of the mice listed here even allows you to keep different profiles for different games or applications
Due to the presence of programmable buttons, Gaming mice are also a good tool for productivity works. For example you can program a single mouse button to do combo keystrokes like cut (Clrl+X), copy (Clrl+C), paste (Clrl+V) etc…
Why thousand rupees??
I believe thousand rupees is a Good starting point for all budget Gamers. 5 years ago if you asked me “what is the best Mouse under 1000 rupees?” I would have said blindly go with the Dragon war Thor. At that time Thor was the only good gaming Mouse under 1000rs. In 2020 that’s not the case. Many new players like Redgear, Offbeat, Topmate, Redragon etc… Entered in the Budget segment. So in this post we will be looking at some good gaming Mouse you can buy under 1000 rupees in India
I have included the current (2020) market pricing of all mice in description itself, but these prices fluctuates with time, so I will be leaving amazon links too…
1. Topmate M18 Wired Gaming Mouse (Overall Best)
Topmate is a relatively new brand in Indian market. If you want to have maximum number of buttons in your mouse, this is as good as it gets under 1000rs. It comes with a total of 9 buttons. That means you will get 6 additional buttons other than left click right-click and Middle click. This one normally sells for 999 rs in amazon. In my opinion currently this is the overall best under 1000rs
- It comes with 4000DPI, 4000 is a good number in terms of DPI. Even if your mouse have like 12,000 of 16000 DPI, I don’t think anyone will use it at that speed
- It has very precise control over DPI settings. You can have 8 different settings from 500 to 4000 (500/1000/1500/2000/2500/3000/3500/4000). Normally it’s only 4 or 5 for a 4000 DPI Mouse
- You can adjust weight of this Mouse. It comes with 55 gram weights which can be used to make the mouse heavier or lighter
- It comes with a braided Cable
- It has 6 additional buttons. Company also Provide the software to customize these buttons and control the lighting effects
- 3 additional buttons can be easily accessible with our thumb and the other 3 are meant for your forefinger
- The grip is very comfortable for palm grippers, you have textured thumb rust and it’s well designed
- In my opinion this mouse is not ideal for finger gripping/claw gripping. You can do it but then the third thumb button may come in your way
- Actually, I didn’t find any other major flaws here. In that case this is my top 1 recommendation as of now (2020)
Check Out the Current price of Topmate M18 Gaming Mouse
2. Redragon Pegasus M705 Wired USB Gaming Mouse -7200 DPI (Fastest Mouse)
If you are looking for the fastest mouse for your money then this one’s for you. It can go up to 7200 DPI in 5 levels 800, 1200, 1600, 2400 and 7200. It normally sells for 1049rs but during deals the price comes down to 949rs.
- It’s the fastest mouse around this budget
- The cable is not Braided but is thicker and feels durable than most others in this budget
- It has 6 Programmable buttons. Ie, you will get 3 additional buttons.
- Programming software is bundled in the box or you can download it from their website
- You can also have three different profiles for Programmable buttons. There is also a Physical switch under the mouse to switch between these profiles
- The grip is comfortable for both Palm and claw grip users
- The switches are rated for 10 million clicks
- With 145 gram weight it’s a bit heavier Mouse. Which can be an advantage of disadvantage depending on your preference, some prefer lighter mouse and some prefer heavy mouse. Unfortunately weights are not adjustable like our first choice
- You’ll only get 3 additional buttons
- As a Palm grip user I didn’t like the thumb rest design
Check Out the Current price of Redragon Pegasus M705 Gaming Mouse
Topmate M18 vs Red Dragon Pegasus
In short words if you are a finger grip user you want the fastest Mouse for your money you can go with Red Dragon Pegasus. If you need more buttons, better control over your DPI settings and adjustable weight then you can go with topmate M18
3. Redgear X12 Pro RGB Gaming Mouse (Minimalist look)
If you are in search of a Minimalist looking mouse for gaming this one’s for you. Never underestimate this mouse, it may look simple but it’s powerful. It utilizes an Avago sensor (Avago 3050) which can go up to 4000dpi 899rs but most of the time you will get a 100rs coupon so effective price is 799rs
- Simple looking
- Redgear X12 Pro has a Total of 6 Programmable buttons that means you will get an additional 3 buttons
- Customizing software is is provided by the company you can also save 5 different profiles in this mouse
- Braided cable with a length of 1.8 meters
- The thumb buttons does not protrude like other mice in this list. That may be an advantage or disadvantage. Anyway it does avoid accidental clicks
- The grip is ergonomic for both pam grippers and finger grippers
- 1000 Hz Polling Rate
- There is only 3 additional buttons
- No weight adjustment feature
Check Out the Current price of Redgear X12 Pro Gaming Mouse
4. Offbeat RIPJAW 2.4 GHz Rechargeable Wireless Gaming Mouse (Wireless option)
If you are looking for wireless gaming mouse under 1000rs, this one is the best. Offbeat RIPJAW mouse work in both wired and wireless mode. It has an inbuilt battery and comes with a micro usb cable which can be used for charging the mice. It uses 2.4 GHz dongle for connectivity in wireless mode. The normal price is 899rs if you buy this without mousepad. If you want to have the mousepad then you have to pay 100rs more. Which makes the total price 999rs (Still under 1000rs LOL)
- Obviously being wireless is the biggest advantage of this mouse
- Inbuilt rechargeable battery. This can be an advantage or disadvantage from different angles, let’s take a look at some of them
- You don’t have to carry around additional AA or AAA batteries
- You can simply recharge the mouse with your power bank or laptop
- It uses micro usb for charging so you may not have to carry a cable for the mouse (you can use your phones cable)
- Major disadvantage to this is
- The charge retention capacity li ion battery will reduce with time and it will eventually fail. That can make the mouse useless for you
- Price is another important plus point. 2 years ago they used to sell this for 1200-1300rs but now it’s just 899.
- It looks cool and have a transformer look
- Mouse is very ergonomic for palm gripping
- You can use this in both wired and wireless mode. Ie, even if the battery drains out you can still use this mouse with usb cable. When you connect the mouse through usb it simultaneously charges the mouse without interrupting your work
- Normal charging time is just 1 hour and the company claims 50+ hours of working time with that.
- It can go up to 3200 DPI in 3 steps, 1600, 2400 & 3200
- Even Though there are 3 additional buttons in this mouse there is no way to customize it. That can be a real deal breaker
- It’s a bit heavier compared to others in this list. So if you prefer a light mice this one is not for you
- Not recommended for palm grippers
- There is no option to go under 1600 DPI
Check Out the Current price of Offbeat RIPJAW Wireless Gaming Mouse
5. Redragon Phaser M609 Gaming Mouse – 3200 DPI (Wider mouse for bigger hands)
If you have bigger hands and like wider mice then this one is for you. This one comes with 3200 DPI and a total of 6 buttons. In this mouse you can easily rest your ring finger and pinky finger on the right side. In fact M606 (NOTHOSAUR), M607 (Inquisitor Basic), M609 (Phaser), M610 (Redragon Gainer) all of these Redragon models uses the same sensor, same number of buttons, same DPI, Same switches (all rated for 5mil clicks), so just look for ergonomics and aesthetics. If one is out of stock you can go for the other. All of them are priced between 650rs – 750rs.
So if we come back to the pros and cons of M609,
- It a good choice for palm grip users with large hands
- For 650-700rs it’s a good deal
- Comes with 6 programmable buttons. Software is available in company website.
- You can go up to 3000 DPI in 4 levels (1000/1600/2400/3200 DPI)
- Not ideal for finger grip users (Finger grip users Try M608 or M610)
- There is only 3 additional buttons
Check Out the Current price of Redragon Phaser M609 Gaming Mouse
6. Redgear A-20 (bang for your buck)
Another Great mouse from Redgear. If you doesn’t care about the simplicity of Redgear X12 Pro you can go with this more stylish A-20. Unlike X12 Pro this one comes with 4 additional buttons and 4800 dpi. It normally sells for 720rs and I think it’s a great deal at that price. The shape and look reminds me of Razer DeathAdder
- It comes with 7 programmable buttons i.e., you will get 4 additional buttons other than left click right click and middle click
- It has a braded 1.8m cable with a gold plated usb connector
- In my personal opinion I prefer this one over both Redragon Phaser M609 & Redgear X12 Pro
- It comes with 4800 dpi and you can precisely adjust it from 200-4800
- It’s ergonomic for both palm grip and finger grip
- The Redgear software is available in their website which can be used to program the buttons and control the RGB lights
- 1000 Hz Polling Rate
- It’s a bit heavy compared to both Redragon Phaser M609 & Redgear X12 Pro so if you like light mouse this one is not for you. Personally I prefer a bit heavy mouse
- I didn’t find any other major issues considering its price
Check Out the Current price of Redgear A-20 Gaming Mouse
7. Offbeat – Killshot Wired 7D Button Gaming Mouse (Cheapest)
If you are looking for an eye catchy colorful gaming mouse this one is for you. This also the cheapest (in terms of price) in this list. Offbeat – Killshot normally sells for around 599rs but sometimes it even come under 500rs.
- It’s definitely eye catchy and different looking compared to others
- At 600rs price tag it’s a good value for money product
- It can go up to 6400dpi with 4 dpi levels 1600, 2400, 3200, and 6400
- Braided cable
- Provides comfortable grip for claw grip users
- Lightweight (this can be a pro or con depending on your preference)
- Cable is a bit shorter with 1.5m most of the other mouses in this list have 1.8m cable
- Not ideal for palm grip users
- Poling rate is only 500 Hz (majority of mouses in this list have 1000 Hz poling rate)
- Even though they advertise it as a 7D mouse there is only 6 physical buttons available in this mouse (They consider Scroll wheel up & down as 2 separate buttons LOL)
- The buttons are not programmable
Check Out the Current price of Offbeat – Killshot Gaming Mouse
1. Dragonwar ELE-G9 Thor
Redgear Dragonwar Thor is a legend of budget gaming mouse in India. I believe it’s still a good choice under 1000rs. It comes with braded cable, 7 programmable buttons and a dpi up to 3200. Nowadays it sells for around 950rs, but I believe at that price Redragon Pegasus M705 is a better choice (if you don’t really need that 2 extra buttons)
Check Out the Current price of Dragonwar ELE-G9 Thor Gaming Mouse
2. Logitech G300s Optical Gaming Mouse
Logitech G300s is also a great mouse. If you are looking for a Logitech mouse this is the one for you. Normally it sells for 1100-1300rs that’s why I excluded G300s from the list. But sometimes during sales days the price comes even down to 999rs. During last amazon shopping festival its price came down to 999rs but that’s the only time I saw G300s at that price.
- G300s comes with 9 programmable buttons (6 additional buttons) which can be customized using Logitech gaming software. Logitech gaming software is one of the most reliable customizing software out there
- More over G300s is an ambidextrous mouse that means it can be used by both left and right hand. So if you are a lefty then this one may suite you
- With that all being said G300s is the base model of Logitech gaming series and it’s an old model released back in 2015 (I believe).
- The mouse is small so may not be suitable for people with large hands and palm grippers.
Check Out the Current price of Logitech G300s Gaming Mouse
3. Redragon Centrophorus M601
Back in the day it was the only gaming mouse with adjustable weight around that 1000rs mark. It’s still a good mouse but I think Topmate M18 will be a better choice for those who need adjustable weights. If the topmate M18 is not available and you need an adjustable weight mouse you can definitely consider this
Check Out the Current price of Redragon Centrophorus M601 Gaming Mouse
4. Xmate Zorro 3200 DPI LED Backlight 6 Button Wired USB Gaming Mouse
If you still want to lower your budget, this is one of the best gaming mouses under 500rs in India. It comes with a 1.5m nylon braded cable and a 4 level adjustable dpi up to 3200. This one normally sells for 499rs and during deals price comes down to 449rs
Even though there is 3 additional buttons on this mouse, they are not programmable that’s the major drawback of this one
Check Out the Current price of Xmate Zorro Gaming Mouse
They also have a wireless version of this mouse “Xmate Zorro Pro 3200DPI, Rechargeable 2.4Ghz Wireless Gaming Mouse” which normally sells for 799rs but in my opinion Offbeat RIPJAW 2.4 GHz Rechargeable Wireless mouse is a better option
Check Out the Current price of Xmate Zorro Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse
This Post Has 4 Comments
Hey man! Great post but I really wanted to just ask about your blog. Is this wordpress by chance? I really like the design.
Bro is the top mouse from a reliable company ???
And redragon Centrophorus M601 is no more under 1000 in amazon its price is listed at 4500 inr.
And will you suggest another mouse under 1000 except the top mouse for the top position,
with a thumb rest not like the others without thumb rest…….
plzzz bro i am in need of a gaming mouse so reply me at my email
Yes, This corona crisis made most of the products ridiculously over priced. I didn’t clearly understand what you wanted to say about the thumb rest but as you chose the Centrophorus M601 i assume you don’t like thumb rests. Here are some of my suggestions at current pricing.
Cosmic Byte Hydra : https://amzn.to/3mmlKWr
Only 3 additional buttons but all of them are thumb buttons
Good buy if you got it under 1000rs
Redgear A-20 : https://amzn.to/35v4dFu
Good buy if you can get it around 700rs
Redgear X12 Pro / X13 : https://amzn.to/3hnLsGa
You can choose either one. Personally i like the raised buttons on x13 but i hate that color and glossy finish so i will stick with x12
Good buy around 800rs
Dragonwar ELE-G9 Thor: https://amzn.to/2GJhvnd
As i mentioned in the post it’s still a great choice if you like the design.
if you get that under 900rs its a great buy ( on last amazon sale the price came down to 700-750)
Hope this helps